August 2022 UPDATE
As a support group, we are often asked ‘what support are you able to give?’ Previously we would have said we offer complementary therapies to people who have been diagnosed with cancer.
However, the group is changing all the time and now we can offer so much more. We now offer mental, social, and physical support.
Hummingbird Cancer Support offer support in a HEALING way and our team consists of local people who have experience of working with patients who have cancer. We are also able to offer virtual meetups if members are not able to attend the support group in person. The sociable structure of our group means that people often feel part of a family and amongst friends.
Here are some benefits of attending Hummingbird Cancer Support Group:
- Helps you feel less lonely, isolated, or judged
- Helps you stay motivated to manage chronic conditions or stick to treatment plans
- Provides practical feedback about treatment options
- Improves understanding of a disease and your own experience with it
- Improves skills to cope with challenges
- Encourages talking openly and honestly about your feelings
- Reduces distress, depression, anxiety, or fatigue
- Educates about health, economic or social resources
- Gives you a sense of empowerment, control, or hope
We have also received some donations from people recently following a local funeral. We are sorry for your loss and thank you all for your kind donations.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our group.